02 1월 2006

Getting ready to leave (I'm moving to Korea, people, come on...keep up) has been getting tougher and tougher. I still can't wait to go, but it's weird hearing everyone make plans for awesome events that I won't be around to attend. I know it's my life that's drastically changing and not theirs, so there's no reason for me to take it personally that everyone will be having just as much fun without me as they did with me, but sometimes I just can't help it. Part of me loves that I can just pack a few things in a backpack and take off on my own like this, but it also makes me feel as if my life is somewhat...what's the word?...disposable.
So just when I start to feel like no one really even cares that I'm leaving, my regular customers at the bar (the ones I like, not the creepy stalkers) pull me aside to give me a going away present. And it turns out to be the greatest gift ever!! An autographed picture of the true love of my life, Lance Armstrong!! I was so overwhelmed by the gesture I didn't even know what to say. I damn near cried, and that's pretty huge for me. I think it's a sign that 2006 will be the year that Lance finally realizes what a skanky whore Sheryl really is. Then he will dump her ass and pedal over to me as quickly as he can (which is probably pretty fast...I better go get ready. Don't want to be in my pajamas when he gets here). Or maybe I will challenge her to a bike off, with Lance as the prize...I'm pretty sure I could kick her ass on a bike. I can't decide exactly how I would prefer to have it play out, but the bottom line is that Lance will be with me, not her.

Anyway, back to the picture...I'm still overwhelmed, and I still don't know how I can ever thank them enough. It was truly one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. It's not just the gift (although the picture truly fucking rocks!!), but the thought that these people will notice my absence, and that things might be a little bit different without me. It couldn't have come at a better time, and if they ever make it to Korea for some reason the Harp, Jamesons, Cosmos, and Beefeater martinis are all on me!

3 Comments:

At 12:46 오전, Blogger brownie said...

You know Lance lives here in Austin (actually Dripping Springs, but close enough)? Haven't heard if he's going to TexMex yet.

 
At 12:55 오전, Blogger Jes said...

If he knew I was going he'd be there! Tex Mex would be the perfect place for me to kick Sheryl Crow's ass!

 
At 12:34 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

OK, so I can't compete with that gift, but the one I sent today is pretty darn cool. Or, at least I thought it was until I got home and read about the Lance picture. Darn those people!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home