13 3월 2006

I'm not sure why, but I have always wanted to be met at the airport by someone holding a sign with my name on it. It just seemed like it would be the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately for me, when this finally happened the coolness of seeing my name on the little sign was completely overshadowed by the ultra SUPERFLYCOOLNESS of the woman holding the sign. This is Jiyeon, and she's awesome.

It was Jiyeon's job to work with me while I was still in the states to get my visa, flights, contract, etc. straightened out. Then she met me at the airport and delivered me to the school I'm working at. She was even nice enough to help me with my super heavy luggage, which probably weighed more than she does. Since coolness recognizes coolness, we kept in touch and Friday night I met her in Apgujeong where she took me to eat my new favorite food Shabu Shabu. After dinner we hung out at a quiet but really great bar called Obladi, and then we met up with some of her friends at a very cool live jazz bar called Once in a Blue Moon. I have to admit I wasn't too sure what to expect from Korean jazz, but the music was great. When the bands were done everyone headed out to another bar for food and soju. We left there around 2:30 and some decided to head to a club nearby but I was beat so I hopped into a cab and headed home to continue my new habit of drunk dialing everyone back in the states!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

I like that your making good use of the word Superflycool...go JES!!!!

Now see what you can do with the word "Slag"...kidding. that is pretty much the british word for "the C word".

 
At 1:18 오전, Blogger dayoldfish said...

Shabu Shabu rocks when I was in Japan I used to eat it all the time. It is way too expensive here.

 
At 3:18 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

You should go on a date with her. :)

--Snooze alarm

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home