12 3월 2006

NORAEBANG!! NORAEBANG!!

During my first weekend in Korea one of the other teachers at my school was nice enough to let me tag along with him and his friends. We went to some restaurant in Yaksu and ate tons of galbi and drank way too much soju and beer (let me apologize again for the drunken phone calls I made to Andy and Stof later that night!!).

Since no one really knew each other, the conversation was pretty standard...movies, music, etc. And naturally once music was mentioned, talk of a noraebang couldn't be too far behind! For those of you who don't know, a noraebang is like a private karaoke room you rent for any length of time. To say there's one on every block in Seoul would be lying, because there's literally at least 2 or 3 on every block. Seriously, they love this shit. After drinking alot it was decided that we would go to one. I tried to warn everyone that I don't exactly have the voice of an angel, but they insisted I sing anyway so I belted out Duran Duran's 'Hungry Like The Wolf' as if my life depended on it.


It was a really great night, but I definitely paid for it the next day!!

8 Comments:

At 11:26 오후, Blogger brownie said...

I'd go friggin' bonkers if I had to hang out with all those Asians. Just being around Free Meat is tough enough.

It costs $.75 to send a post card to South Korea, FYI.

 
At 11:30 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Why don't you go find out how much it costs to send a Colorado H3 tshirt?

 
At 12:14 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

A friend of mine spent a semester in Japan, I guess they have the same kind of karaoke thing there, too. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Good choice on the DD!

 
At 5:23 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

what, no jager????

 
At 6:44 오전, Blogger SJ said...

I would have thought you'd have sang some Seoul Music haha :)

 
At 9:04 오전, Blogger Jes said...

No jager in Korea (not that I've found yet, anyway) but I have sworn off soju twice already!

 
At 9:13 오전, Blogger Barbara said...

Jes...glad to hear your doing well...sounds like your having a blast..Soju sounds like something I should try!!!

 
At 10:07 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

I am very happy to know you are being true to your ROCKSTAR roots.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home