12 3월 2006

I'M BACK...

...and better than ever!! Thanks to those of you that took care of/fed Spot for me while I was gone. I totally expected to have to clean up a dead llama once I finally got internet!

So far Seoul is great, though admittedly I haven't done much because I haven't met many people yet. I've visited a few touristy areas, like Insadong (loved it) and Itaewon (hated it), but mostly it's just been work, work, work. The kids are great, but alot of them are really bad and since I don't speak Korean and they don't speak English maintaining any kind of classroom discipline is difficult. I'll post some pictures of my school, coworkers, and kids soon. My apartment is in Yaksu and it's only a 5 minute walk from the school. There aren't many people who speak english in my area (or maybe they just don't speak to me...hmmm...) so everything is kind of a hassle. It took forever to get a simple 3 month gym membership, and I've been looking for a flourescent bulb for the light in my living room since I got here. Nobody has the right size, and once they finally get me to understand that they don't have it they blab nonstop in Korean. I don't know if they're telling me where to go to get one or offering to order one for me or, for all I know, telling me to fuck off. I just nod and smile, and leave.

Gotta run...I'll get some pics and better posts up soon, I promise! I miss all of you back home!! Send chocolate...good chocolate, not the crap they have here!! Address is on Brownie's site!

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home