02 12월 2007

December 1st

Earlier this week, at one of my many dr. appointments, my genius doctor offered this advice to me in regards to starting to run again: "If it hurts, or if you're really out of breath, you should stop." Uhhh...thanks, retard. I'm planning to start running after a very long time of almost no physical activity. Of course it's gonna hurt!! Of course I'm gonna be out of breath!!

So yesterday I woke up pretty early (for a Saturday) and was actually excited to get moving. But first, those stitches...my doctor had said "a few more days" and, well, it had been a few days so I cut them out. Big mistake. It wasn't time. Oops! So I superglued the incision together and headed out. So much for having no scar! I decided to run in the gym since I've been having some random dizzy spells from time to time, and I figured if I was gonna pass out I should do it around people who can stare awkwardly and ask if I'm OK instead of just lying on the ground somewhere. Living in Yaksu, everyone would just assume I was passed out drunk and leave me there.

I don't have a fancy schmancy Garmin or anything to give you guys all the details, but I know I was slow. And it hurt, and I was out of breath, and I loved it! The treadmill said I did a 5k somewhere in the mid 30-minute range (told you I was slow!). But it also said I was a man (I'm not) and weighed 90 kg (I don't).

When I got home I had planned to clean my apartment but I talked to Shelly and decided she had done enough cleaning for both of us. So instead I put together my annual I HATE CHRISTMAS CD. If you want me to burn you a copy (seriously, it's good) let me know and send me your address.

10 Comments:

At 6:51 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

What's a CD?

 
At 8:42 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Hahaha!! I know, I know...I'm a technology retard. I'm lucky I can manage to burn a CD!

 
At 11:23 오후, Blogger achilles3 said...

i want one

I live down the street :-)

 
At 12:35 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

As long as your CD doesn't involve killing reindeers...

 
At 7:32 오전, Blogger Jes said...

No, no killing reindeers...Kiwi, send me your address and I'll mail you one!

 
At 11:39 오전, Blogger brownie said...

I want a copy!

 
At 12:37 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

Thanks Jes! I just sent you my address. I hope I don't lose my child-like innocence after hearing your CD.

 
At 8:00 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Oh I want one! Glad you got out and ran but seriously man ur insane.

 
At 9:23 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

i want one too!

 
At 5:32 오전, Blogger BTExpress said...

Super glue? Impaitient little things, aren't you? LOL

I had a piece of shrapnel removed from my legs last month and after the doctor took the stitches out, he covered the incision with a few steri-strips. They fell off a week or so later and the scar is hardly noticeable.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home