29 11월 2007

I somehow just managed to set a pop-tart on fire. Don't ask. Maybe I should go back to my usual habit of just skipping breakfast. Or maybe, I can figure out a way to skip mornings!! Hmmm...

So in preparation for my Dec. 1st start, I joined a gym last night. I plan to run outside for as long as the snow and ice hold off, but we'll see. I'm a complete baby when it comes to being cold. Treadmills are so boring to me, even with TV's and my trusty iPod. Plus, this place has their treadmills lined up in front of a mirrored wall. Seems kind of strange to just be running towards myself for my whole workout, though it would be nice scenery, if I do say so myself. :) I'll use the gym for strength training, which I desperately need. I've been feeling great...a little crappy on Sunday, but I guess that's to be expected when you ignore your doctors' orders for bed rest and go dancing instead. Despite my bad, bad behavior I've been given next week off...NO DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS!!! It's been over 6 months since I've had a week without someone poking and prodding me, taking stuff out of me, putting stuff back into me. Ugh. I hope my favorite IV pole doesn't get lonely! :) I'm pretty psyched (yes, I know, no one uses that word anymore) to finally be moving towards a place where I don't include the word 'sick' as part of my identity.

Know what else I'm psyched about??? TONIGHT. Friend/fellow hasher/country mouse Nut is making the long, long journey into the big city. We're gonna hang out and it's gonna be Fun with a capital 'F.'

8 Comments:

At 1:58 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

What flavor was the poptart...?

 
At 6:00 오후, Blogger daeguowl said...

i hope you still ate it...

 
At 6:01 오후, Blogger daeguowl said...

we didn't start the fires, they were always burning...

 
At 8:21 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Yeah no dr!! woohoo...I'm still doing the December promise or whatever we called it. I went to the gym all week at 530am and will continue to do so until well..until I don't know when. xoxoxo

 
At 8:57 오후, Blogger brownie said...

Suck it up and run outside, loser.

 
At 9:56 오후, Blogger achilles3 said...

you are captain excuse maker!

run
eat burnt pop tart
mornings happen to all

get over it :-)

love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
good to hear you're IV pole will be without you

 
At 10:28 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

you set a pop tart on fire? didn't you learn ANYTHING in my kitchen?

 
At 11:28 오후, Blogger Jes said...

1. It was strawberry frosted.
2. yes, I ate it anyway.
3. i'm up at 545 for the meditation center...not sure if i could be at a gym that early. and thanks for the no dr. shout out, shells. i can't believe everyone else is worried about a fucking pop tart. :)
4. love you guys!!!!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home