17 8월 2007

Good Luck Brownie!!!


Today my big brother will pack up and head to Leadville, Colorado, and tomorrow at 4 a.m. he'll start running. And he'll keep running. For 100 friggin' miles! He thinks the Hope Pass area will be the most difficult, and says if he's able to hit it by nightfall he should be fine. By nightfall? Can you imagine starting at 4 a.m. and still be running at nightfall???? I think it's awesome! I also think he's nuts, but hey the more crazy behavior he and my little brother involve themselves in, the less the folks are gonna be looking at my behavior, right?

This is how the Leadville website describes the course: 50 miles out and back in the midst of the Colorado Rockies. Lowest point is 9,200 ft. and the highest point is Hope Pass, 12,600 ft. The majority is on forest trails with some mountain roads. Pacers allowed after the 50 mile point. 11 well-supplied aid stations with cut-offs; 5 are medical checks. Christ, if I even made it to the first medical check that's probably where I'd be pronounced dead. And that would be way after the cutoff time.
Here's some pics of the Hope Pass areas of the course, stolen from Brownie who stole them from somewhere else.
GOOD LUCK BROWNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!! I'll drink some cheap yellow beer and jager shots in your honor!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:11 오후, Blogger achilles3 said...

that's just sickly inspiring and certainly insane.

whenever I hear "Brownie" I think of GWB giving that fool FEMA director the old "doin a heck of a job" line during Katrina...

Well Brownie kick ass man!

 
At 11:52 오후, Blogger sumatra22 said...

yeah, he should kick ass...or have his ass kicked for being such a super achiever! i thought about running once...then got in my car and drove. after about 7 miles i had to pull over and take a breather, it wore me out...go brownie!

 
At 1:46 오전, Blogger Gagger said...

I can't believe he ran for 28 hours! Your brother is nuts. But that's why we like hanging out with him!

 
At 12:12 오전, Blogger brownie said...

Thanks! There was an Asian dude there in a big, green "Team Korea" jersey I ran with for a while.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home