22 11월 2006

Thanksgiving is my absolute most favoritest holiday ever!! Mostly because of the awesome food at all of my family gatherings but also because I'm lucky enough to have the kind of relatives I'd choose to be friends with even if I wasn't related to them. Well, except Brownie but as you all know there's one in every family... :)

My contract is up soon, so lately I've been forced to decide if I'll stay in Korea, go to another country, or go back home. One of the things I thought most about when making my decision was everything I'm missing out on at home. Weddings, divorces, anniversaries, new babies, family events, a cousin who used to preach against premarital sex but now sells sex toys (!!), holidays, normal shit with my friends...

Spending so much time thinking about everything I'm missing made me a little depressed, so to cheer myself up about missing out on this year's Thanksgiving I was looking through old pics and I found one I love of my cousin Amy's youngest, Gavin. I taught him this nifty little trick at last year's Thanksgiving dinner (Hey Gavin, do you like seafood? SEE, FOOD!! Ha!) and I seriously hope he's still doing it at every meal!!

6 Comments:

At 9:57 오후, Blogger brownie said...

You should move to Colorado and become a Kimchi hasher!

 
At 2:42 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Why are you thinking of thanksgiving now? Doesn't that happen in October?

 
At 3:29 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

That's Amy's youngest??? Wow, I feel old! For the record, I was still in high school when I was against premarital sex. Thankfully, I saw the light...

 
At 6:44 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

well, it could be worse. you could be here and have to help me. i have to be here by 4:00 a.m. to start the ham and turkey.

 
At 8:42 오전, Blogger Jes said...

American Thanksgiving is today. :(

 
At 8:50 오전, Blogger Shells Bells said...

It's my favorite holiday too..this is the only time of year I really want to go home...

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home