05 7월 2007

This is a conversation I had to endure at work yesterday.

Coworker: Hey, you know that guy [whatever his name is] that goes to our gym?
Me: Nope.
Coworker: Really? You don't know him? The Korean dude?
Me: Uh...nope. [I should point out that my coworker and I are the only foreigners at our gym. Everyone else is Korean. Describing someone as 'Korean' does not narrow things down in this country.]
Coworker: Well, I kinda told him you'd go out with him.
Me: Why would you do that?
Coworker: Because he likes foreign girls.
Me: Ummm...you don't get to make that decision for me. That's what a pimp does. I don't have one of those.
Coworker: I really think you should go. Just for coffee or something. You two could really hit it off.
Me: I'm not going.
Coworker: But I think you should.
Me: I'm already dating someone. He'd probably frown on me trying to 'hit it off' with someone else.
Coworker: Well, maybe you two could just become, like, really, really, really good friends.
Me: I'm not going.

And it continued. He was rather relentless, just insisting that I meet this dude. He even tossed in, "He speaks really good English." This is a coworker, not a friend. Not someone who knows anything about me, or about what kind of people I prefer to date. "Oh, you like foreign girls? I know a foreign girl...well, I don't really know anything about her, I just work with her. But she's definitely foreign." Yeah, sounds like a match made in heaven. Argh. I was angry!!

3 Comments:

At 7:19 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

you should have kicked him in the balls.

 
At 9:52 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

What a jackass...If the dude likes this other guy so much, perhaps HE should date him.

 
At 11:08 오후, Blogger daeguowl said...

I'm with Trojan...

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home