04 2월 2006

In Over My Head???

Part of why I've been able to (mostly) keep my cool with this move to Korea is that I've been assured repeatedly by the school I'll be working for that my new roommate will be meeting me at the airport, showing me around, making sure I know how to get everything I need, etc. Sort of like a personal tour guide. Easy Peasy.

So imagine how much my anxiety increased when I got an email today stating that I wouldn't have a roommate for the first 6 months of my stay! I've lived in the Valley for about 10 years now, and I still get lost in my own neighborhood! I'm totally doomed to be wandering endlessly through the city of Seoul (if I can even get myself there from the airport!!), trying desperately to find my way from bar to bar...

Though I must admit, not having a roommate will be nice. No one will continually put my Jiffy peanut butter in the fridge (ever try to spread cold peanut butter?), send me email reminders about cleaning the house, eat all my reduced fat Cheez-Its and not replace them...hint, hint, QNL!!

10 Comments:

At 2:08 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Oh, I really don't think you want to start this debate in public, do you?

 
At 2:13 오전, Blogger Jes said...

What's to debate? I am perfect, and you will miss me tremendously when I am gone. End of story.

 
At 2:45 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

I think the best gift for a vegetarian roommate that you want to irk is a set of steak knives.

--Zoquo man

 
At 3:26 오전, Blogger Jes said...

Except his evil cat Holly would probably try to kill me with them!

Zoquo is not a word, Alex P. Keaton!!

 
At 4:00 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Hey, sometimes there's a tough piece of saitan to cut through. I'll take the knives...

 
At 4:09 오전, Blogger Jes said...

Thanks for your concern for my safety! You probably trained your evil cat to attack me!

 
At 5:24 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

I'm convinced all cats are evil.

 
At 5:34 오전, Blogger Barbara said...

MMmmmmmm Peanut butter...yum yum yum

 
At 8:00 오후, Blogger SJ said...

:(

I'm certain I posted a comment here yesterday. Hmmm...

 
At 1:04 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

why would anyone actually eat reduced fat cheezits?

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home