16 5월 2008

Navy Beach/Mono Lake



On our way to Reno we stopped to check out Navy Beach. You can tell by the pictures (taken by Gaylord) that it was made/inhabited by aliens. I tried to find some, but they're sneaky little bastards.

Actually, Navy Beach was used by the U.S. military back in the day for weapons testing, research, and top secret stuff. They stopped using it in 1962, mostly due to public safety and environmental concerns, but also because other nearby bases were expanded so it wasn't as useful as it had once been.

Hard to believe all those rocks were under water at some point. I'm actually a fan of global warming, since I hate the cold, but I bet Al Gore would shit himself if he saw it.





5 Comments:

At 1:08 오후, Blogger crom said...

Nice photos! You should pay the photographer for the use of these photos.

 
At 2:05 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Put it on my tab. :)

 
At 2:28 오후, Blogger crom said...

You should start thinking of making payments at least....I'm just saying...it is getting a bit large. :)

 
At 2:37 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Alright, let me think about it...NAH!!!

:)

 
At 8:47 오후, Blogger brownie said...

Navy sucks. Go Army!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home