03 11월 2007


Last weekend I went to Insadong. It was crowded! I mean, Insadong is always crowded, but it was crazy crowded! But I still loved it, because Insadong is one of my favorite places in Seoul and everytime I go there I love it! During the afternoon I wandered around, checked out the little stores, ate some yummy street food, and had some awesome bulgogi for lunch.
Then, for dinner, I went to eat yummy vegetarian temple food. Unfortunately, I'm forgetting the name of the place (though I think it's Sanbon, or something similar) but if you walk down the main street of Insadong you can't miss it. I have to tell you guys that if you're in Korea and you haven't done this yet you have to make it a priority! First of all, the place is fucking beautiful! My mouth literally dropped open when I walked inside. Flowers, lanterns, candles, amazing pictures...it was awesome. Everyone was seated at small wooden tables on the floor. The tables were arranged around a stage, and while we ate we watched this awesome show of traditional dances and drumming. Usually I find that crap to be quite boring, but this was great! And one of the dancers gave me his fan! I saw him tippy-toeing his way towards me, and I was thinking, "If this fucker pulls me onstage and makes me try to do this traditional dance with him I'm gonna punch him in the throat!" But instead he presented me with the fan he was using in his dance!

Sorry my pictures suck so bad. I am the world's worst photographer!

3 Comments:

At 9:16 오후, Blogger achilles3 said...

very cool and i need to do this.
who's the cute girl puttin her shoes on???
;-)

 
At 11:15 오후, Blogger Jes said...

That's my friend Kris and YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!!!

but you can offer to buy me some chicken this week...

 
At 12:43 오전, Blogger achilles3 said...

How about I buy Kris chicken and let you pay to watch us eat it...

:-)

HAHA
Tell me the day and i'm all over it. You know my work schedule.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home