31 10월 2007

Saturday

If you guys haven't checked out Bukchon yet, you should. I went on Saturday and had a good time. Here I am in a hanbok - my first time to wear one. After I got all the layers on properly (not an easy task) I learned how to do 3 different kinds of bows (the bowing was easy, getting back up was a little tricky) and then I had a private lesson in tea etiquette. So the next time I have all my friends over for a traditional tea ceremony (which I do all the time) I'll know exactly how to make and pour tea, how to hold my cup, how to sip my tea, and how to put my cup down properly. Turns out, I've been drinking my tea all wrong for the past 31 years.

7 Comments:

At 3:28 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

I usually just read blogs and never post comments but I had to let you know that you look stunning!

Have a nice day...

Korean Canadian

 
At 1:29 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Wow. You look beautiful.

 
At 7:19 오전, Blogger Jes said...

Thanks! :)

 
At 12:14 오후, Blogger BTExpress said...

So, did you pour your tea right the other 10 years?

 
At 12:15 오후, Blogger BTExpress said...

Just kidding! Please don't hate me, but I couldn't resist the opening you left.

 
At 9:33 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

pretty!

 
At 4:04 오전, Blogger sumatra22 said...

You look so at ease! Perhaps you should make a short video demonstrating proper tea ettiquette. Then we can all watch it, thanks to youtube and be ready to join you for a traditional tea service next time you're home.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home