26 1월 2007

You're Gay. I knew It.

I stumbled across this while browsing random blogs tonight, and thought I'd share. This site , which is operated by completely nutty Christians (before you fire off that nasty, misspelled email please let me state that I don't think all Christians are nut cases) who believe people choose to be gay, has put together a list of GAY BANDS. Which is not to say that the band members are gay. It's to say that if you listen to any of them, you are. Apparently you're really doomed if you like Elton or The Indigo Girls, as they're listed twice. I like them both, along with several others on the list, which makes me, what? Gay to the 18th power??? Super Gay (oohh...i feel a new comic book hero idea coming on...)?

Anyway, here's the list. The site itself made me laugh out loud, and I'll be sure to toast them from my favorite gay bar tomorrow night. Thinking about what they're doing to families during what could be a vulnerable, difficult time, however, makes me sick. Of course, the man who proclaims he can "cure" homosexuals has admitted that he has "acted on his homosexual urges," so maybe this thing is just an elaborate scheme to pick up men...

There was always something about you Metallica fans I couldn't quite put my finger on...


The Spores (endorse suicide)
Scissor Sisters
Rufus Wainwright
Merzbau
Ravi Shankar
Wilco
Bjork
Tech N9ne
Ghostface Killah
Bobby Conn
Morton Subotnik
Cole Porter
The String Cheese Incident
Eagles of Death Metal
Polyphonic Spree
The Faint
Interpol
Tegan and Sara
Erasure
Le Tigre
The Gossip
The Magnetic Fields
The Doors
Phish
Queen
The Strokes
Sufjan Stevens
Morrissey(?questionable?)
The Pet Shop Boys
Metallica
Judas Priest
The Village People
The Secret Handshake
The Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Man or Astroman
Richard Cheese
Jay-Z
Depeche Mode
Kansas
Ani DiFranco
Fischerspooner
John Mayer
Angel Eyes
The Indigo Girls
Velvet Underground
Madonna
Elton John
Barry Manilow
Indigo Girls
Melissa Etheridge
Eminmen
Nirvana
Boy George*
The Killers
Lou Reed
Lil' Wayne
Motorhead
Jill Sobule
Wilson Phillips
DMX
Lisa Loeb
Ted Nugent (loincloth)
Dogstar
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Lil' Kim
kd lang
Frank Sinatra
Hinder
Nickleback
Justus Kohncke
Bob Mould
Clay Aiken
Arcade Fire
Bright Eyes
Corinne Bailey Rae
Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Panic at the Disco
Elton John(really gay)

28 Comments:

At 1:08 오전, Blogger Gagger said...

Some on the list just crack me up. Jay-Z? Seriously?

 
At 1:17 오전, Blogger brownie said...

How dare they rip on the Cheese!!!

 
At 4:00 오전, Blogger Rafael said...

They cut the cheese?

 
At 4:01 오전, Blogger RLB said...

Do you love love me?

 
At 4:08 오전, Blogger brownie said...

HAHA! I shoulda said, "How dare they cut the Cheese!" POOP!

 
At 4:39 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

COLE PORTER???

what are you supposed to listen to, the sound track from mary poppins?

 
At 7:13 오전, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That's nuts.

The Doors?

They're simply insane.

 
At 8:31 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Scary....and sad.

 
At 12:25 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

Thanks for posting this Jes, you've done the reprobates who cruise your blog a great service. In his name....

 
At 1:09 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

Miss Jessica:

why do your friends call you "the salty wench"?

what is this meaning?

 
At 3:22 오후, Blogger Jes said...

HAHAHA!!! Jerry Falwell!! HAHA!

Mr. Anonymous,
My friends call me lots of things, but most aren't suitable for print. :)

I think the name has a little something to do with my overwhelming desire to become a pirate...

 
At 6:44 오후, Blogger Marcy said...

Elton John is gay????!!!! Wilson Philips ... for sure they're gay, but Elton John ... I've got to get to church!!!!

 
At 11:19 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

AHEM!!!
PANIC AT THE DISCO?!!!
WHA-? WH-? idiots -_-
THE KILLERS.
me love <3
MATTALICA
COMMOOOON!!!
THE ROLLING STONES?!
dont you dare ... CLASSICS!!
:P maybe theres a hidden meaning in- I CANT GET NO SATICFACTION :P!!!
NICKELBACK!!!!!!
why??? i love them!

stupid list.
lol, according to them idiots im gay... hehe. i asure you I AM NOT.

 
At 11:55 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

Did you know that Seacor's brother is the drummer for the Scissor Sisters?

 
At 1:54 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Miss Jessica:

A pirate? Does this mean you want to wear the puffy shirt?

And who is this Mr. Falwell, is he the famous pirate?

 
At 7:14 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

Wow. I actually just got the Hinder album and I have to say, it Rocks!

Some people should just be shot...

 
At 11:24 오전, Blogger Jes said...

I think a puffy shirt would get in the way of my pillaging, and it would also weigh me down if my mateys ever turned on me and made me walk the plank.

Rockstar...I didn't know that. Now that I do, I still think he's an ass.

 
At 3:46 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

I love it - Ted Nugent will make you gay because he wears a loincloth. Loincloth! Unintentional comedy gold.

 
At 11:20 오전, Blogger Kate Michele said...

Well damn! I guess I'm gay. All this time and I never even knew. Well hmpf!!

 
At 12:53 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

Miss Jessica:

So true about the pillaging...so true.

 
At 2:43 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Kate - good luck having that conversation with Chad!!! :)

 
At 3:46 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

What's so gay about Frank Sinatra?

 
At 9:46 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

I never said he wasn't. :)

 
At 6:14 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

LOL. How many bands do you have to listen to before becoming gay? And for how long. What if your "gay" friend plays one of them to you, will it automatically turn you gay too?

On their website they have a quote from: "Oscar Wilde, reformed homosexual" I sent them an e-mail and told him that Oscar Wilde was never "reformed".

 
At 11:07 오후, Blogger RLB said...

It was either me or my brother who left you that "loincloth" comment. . . and I guess it wasn't me!

 
At 11:07 오후, Blogger RLB said...

So, I mean, you're walking a fine line now then if my brother is reading your blog! DON'T DO IT JES!!

 
At 1:35 오전, Blogger Jes said...

Are you sure it wasn't you??? The very same day I got this comment you were discussing the loincloth...

AND, unlike you, I'M NOT A BROTHERHUMPER!!!!!! NO BROTHERHUMPING FOR ME!!!!

man, I love you.

 
At 1:36 오전, Blogger Jes said...

OK, wait...is your brother hot??? And is it one of the brothers that you said would never hump me? Cause clearly, that was just thrown out as a challenge...

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home