12 1월 2007

Tribute

I've recently lost a personal hero of mine. His death was not a shock as he's had a long, very productive life. However, with his passing I feel an emptiness deep inside my soul (or should I say stomach) that may never be filled.

Many of Momofuku Andu's loyal followers turned their backs on him after university, deciding that they could now justify spending more than 27 cents on a meal. But not I! It's a rare day that I don't scarf down at least 1 container of shin ramyeon. In fact, I'm eating some right now.

I believe The New York Times have put it best:

“Ramen noodles are a dish of effortless purity. Like the egg, or tea, they attain a state of grace through a marriage with nothing but hot water.”

3 Comments:

At 11:24 오전, Blogger RLB said...

mmmmm, ramen is best from a kimbap joint when they cook it up with an egg and little bits of unknown meats.

 
At 3:37 오후, Blogger SJ said...

A man who certainly used his noodle :)

 
At 8:15 오전, Blogger sumatra22 said...

I too pay homage daily...a desk drawer full of ramen makes for a well fed and popular girl @ work! A sad day but still a happy tummy (and wallet) to live on!!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home