29 8월 2006

Take The Fun Out Of Everything...

Found this on MSN. Naturally I got advanced written permission before stealing it and posting it here.

At my funeral, I want midget strippers and everyone to show up dressed in full pirate costumes. And lots and lots of beer and vodka must be consumed. Then you can all hash your way to the Yuengling Brewery (a.k.a heaven on earth!!) and have a few too many pints in my memory!!!


Chinese Police End Funeral Striptease Acts

BEIJING - Striptease send-offs at funerals may become a thing of the past in east China after five people were arrested for organizing the intimate farewells, state media reported on Wednesday.

Police swooped last week after two groups of strippers gave "obscene performances" at a farmer's funeral in Donghai County, Jiangsu province, Xinhua news agency said.
The disrobing served a higher purpose, the report noted.

"Striptease used to be a common practice at funerals in Donghai's rural areas to allure viewers," it said. "Local villagers believe that the more people who attend the funeral, the more the dead person is honored."

Wealthy families often employed two troupes of performers to attract a crowd. Two hundred showed up at last week's funeral.

Five strippers were detained and local officials "issued notices concerning funeral management", Xinhua said.

Now village officials must submit plans for funerals within 12 hours after a villager dies. And residents can report "funeral misdeeds" on a hotline, the report said.

11 Comments:

At 6:44 오후, Blogger RLB said...

huh, now that I think about it, midget strippers, pirate garb and booze seems like a fitting adieu for you! it's very responsible of you to make these arrangements public so far in advance!

 
At 6:48 오후, Blogger Jes said...

That's me...always trying to help others!! And you know, "responsible" is my middle name!! HAAA!!!

I'm so psyched to see you on Thursday!!

 
At 9:19 오후, Blogger RLB said...

no doubt it feels like forever!

 
At 9:41 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

you seem to have it all planned out...good for you..I don't want a funeral I want to be frozen in a lab and brought back in 100 years so I can torment my great great great great grandchildren. I wish I could see you too..poo..we'll just have to go get wrecked after NK weekend.

 
At 10:40 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

I always wanted a New Orleans style funeral with a jazz band.Midgets WOULD be entertaining though....food for thought.

 
At 1:54 오전, Blogger Kate Michele said...

I say you should be able to have what you want!!!

 
At 8:20 오전, Blogger BTExpress said...

Hell, I want everyone crying over my dead body, not partying over it. Cause if I can't have any fun, then I don't want anyone else too either.

 
At 12:58 오후, Blogger Bart said...

"They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days.”
– Garrison Keillor


I say live it up... it's your funeral!

 
At 12:06 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

midget strippers, drunk hashing, and pirates...they all sound illegal

 
At 12:33 오전, Blogger Jes said...

There's no need to put the word 'drunk' in front of hashing...it's pretty much a given!

 
At 11:56 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

I personally have never seen anyone drunk at a hash, but I have heard that it does occur in some kennels. On-On midget pirates!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home