20 8월 2006

I LOVE MY FRIEND KRISTY - REASON #973

Seriously, my friend Kristy is hysterical. I fucking love her! This is the email I just got from her, begging you guys for help. She's getting married soon (better her than me!!) so make sure you congratulate her!! And while we're on the subject of Napoleon Dynamite...is he one of the voices in Monster House???


Hey, I have a good question.... maybe something you can even post on your blog, I would like to know what other people think. While watching Napoleon Dynamite last night for the gazillionth time, it was the gazillionth time I thought, hmm... everyone is dressed like it's the 80's, (i.e. Napoleon's moon boots) but, when Summer does her skit with the Hands Club, they use a Backstreet Boys song. I gave it some serious thought and figured, well, maybe they are a little behind in fashion in Idaho, but then it occured to me, if they were behind in fashion, they would almost certainly be behind in the latest music, right? What is your take? Are they 20 years behind in fashion, or ahead of the times considering stirrup pants are coming back? Unfortunately, I am not joking about the stirrup pants coming back. How awful is that?

7 Comments:

At 2:11 오전, Blogger Kate Michele said...

Thats too funny...my sister and I always have that same disscusion every time we watch it!!

 
At 3:23 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Ahead of times.

 
At 4:22 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Thanks, Jes! Maybe someone will be able to shed some light on the subject!

 
At 5:50 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

P.S. Personally I believe "Napoleon Dynamite" should not be over-analyzed but be appreciated as a whole, as with any piece of fine art.

 
At 7:54 오전, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Um fashion forward!!! Moon boots..and stirup pants are so now! Pedro's cousins aren't wearing 80s and there are a bunch of other characters that aren't. Only the HIP characters are :)

 
At 1:33 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Oh Shells...you sound excited about stirrup pants!! I'm so disappointed...

Now moon boots coming back...I'll get excited for that!!

 
At 5:41 오전, Blogger Spotty said...

Umm...am i the only person who did not "get" that movie?

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home