06 6월 2006

Today was a National Holiday here in Korea, which to me meant 2 things. One, I got to spend all day yesterday teaching my kids my patented 'THERE'S NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!' dance, and 2, I didn't have to work today!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I had planned a day of nothing, just cleaning my filthy apartment, getting caught up on sleep and laundry, etc. I had plans to meet some of the girls at 1:00 which I was really looking forward to. Then during dinner Monday night I got a call from Tim, 'Hey, I'm in Yaksu...would it be OK if I crashed at your place tonight?' Of course. So he met us at dinner and we made plans to head out early for some hiking. So much for cleaning my place before seeing the girls. Oh well.

We had a great, long, mostly uphill hike all around Namsan, then walked through the city to get some snacks at the yummy Shinsegae Dept. Store food court in Namdaemun and then walked through Myeong-dong before heading home so I could shower up for the afternoon. Unfortunately life got in the way so I ended up not meeting them as I had to help out a friend who was in desperate need of some medicine. :(

After helping out my friend, I was a little bored and restless. I sent a text to Shelly about meeting for dinner, but no go. Fuck!! Now what??? As if on cue, I got a call from Graham. He and Tim were heading to Seodaemun Prison for the afternoon. Perfect! We wandered around Dongnimmun Park first, and then toured the prison grounds. It's well worth the trip (subway line 3 to Dongnimmun station, exit 5) and it's only 1500 won to tour the grounds. The park is a perfect place for a picnic...too bad we didn't plan ahead!!!

Here's some pics...I took way too many, and then (lucky for you guys but sad for me) my batteries died so unfortunately you won't get to see the execution room, the secret tunnel where the Japanese snuck the dead bodies out of the prison, and some of the punishment cells.

Click for photos. http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?collid=59797760506.879010629106.1149637670512&page=1

12 Comments:

At 9:02 오전, Blogger sumatra22 said...

HURRAY FOR NO SCHOOL...Hopefully I'll be doin' the same dance myself in the winter...new job Kiddo!

Oh, and I'd gladly join LVH3 if THEY HAD naked down-downs and hashes...but NOOOO, they have to run w/ clothes on!

I'll send Pippi ur love, love!

 
At 9:56 오전, Blogger Barbara said...

I know someone who will be hungover tomorrow:)

 
At 11:47 오전, Blogger Doc Savage said...

I still waiting to hear about hashing in Korea!!!! Just tell them Davey Crotchit said I could wear new shoes and all will be good.

 
At 12:23 오후, Blogger BTExpress said...

The link asks me for my account info, so I can't see the pics.

 
At 12:27 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

ahhh i love Davey....fantastic guy and awesome hasher

 
At 12:27 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

블로그 관리자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.

 
At 12:40 오후, Blogger PlaysByEar said...

You can get a fake login for kodak at bugmenot.com

But that won't help because little miss tourist screwed it up anyway.

(http://www.kodakgallery.com/AlbumNotFound.jsp)

 
At 6:53 오후, Blogger Jes said...

NEW JOB?!?!? CALL ME CALL ME!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

 
At 6:55 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Centipede...hopefully this Sunday. I've been showing up to their meeting place but no one else has been there!

Plays...sorry. i'm a little retarded (but not nearly as much as Brownie.).

 
At 11:56 오후, Blogger Kate Michele said...

Yeah for no school!!

 
At 11:58 오후, Blogger Jes said...

I think I fixed the link...it works for me. If it's not right then SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!

 
At 1:09 오전, Blogger Rafael said...

still broken link

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home