25 6월 2006


I spent part of Saturday bumming around with Mino, and we decided to check out the cartoon museum. I thought it was really cool, but if you're thinking of going just let me warn you first that all the text is in Korean. Most of their stuff was Korean and Japanese, and clearly none of the comics I read were there. Oh well...someday there will be a full exhibit dedicated to the genius works of Optic Nerve and Strangers in Paradise.

Anyway, they had all kinds of fun stuff to play with. Here's a shot of Mino and his new girlfriend. At first I thought this pic was really cute, until I looked again and noticed she had the same expression on her face that Shelly, RL and I had later that night at the club when we looked at each other and yelled above the music, "What's with all the Koreans grabbing our asses?!?!?"

After the museum we took the cable car to Namsan Tower. Our original plan had been to actually go in the tower since I've never been there during the day but someone left their camera at the museum so we had to go back to retrieve it. We weren't really feeling like going back to the tower so we decided to head over to Hongdae for some drinks and food, which was perfect because I was meeting RL and Shelly there later that night anyway.

After a few drinks (and "conveniently" forgetting to mention that we were going to a club) I was able to convince Mino to come out with the girls. Usually, he agrees to go somewhere with me but when the time comes he says "Oh, I can't go because I'm going to meet my friends instead." Whatever. As he's now learned, my friends are way cooler. He was very nervous to meet Shelly and RL, which I thought was soooo cute. We finally met up with them at Tin Pan around 10:30. Had some beers, spilled some beers, and enjoyed the awesome music. Shelly and RL had requested lots of Stevie Wonder, which reminds me of a joke:

- Did you see Stevie Wonder's new piano??
- Neither did he!! HAAAAA, HAAA!!!

Good Lord, I'm funny!! After Stevie finished serenading us Shelly and RL were kind enough to edumacate me on the many splendors of jerky. Turns out there's quite alot about processed, dehydrated meat that I wasn't aware of.

We left Tin Pan and went to....I can't remember the name of the club. Something with an 'M.' It was very hot, but the guest DJs were awesome so the heat did little to stop us from jumping around and shaking our asses for the next few hours. Aside from the heat and the Korean boys being a little *ahem* friendly with certain parts of our bodies they had no business being friendly with, it was a great time. And for once I wasn't the one bailing out early!! Everyone was still pretty beat from the World Cup festivities, so Shelly and RL called it a night much earlier than usual. We left the club, they went home, and Mino and I went to a different bar where it was my turn to spill beer. It wasn't long after that that I started finding it impossible to keep my eyes open, so it was off to bed. Overall, a really fantastic night!

9 Comments:

At 12:14 오전, Blogger RLB said...

Yup awesome. M2's the name.

 
At 4:49 오전, Blogger Barbara said...

Min is a cutie:)

 
At 8:32 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

They need to have a cartoon museum here, but it has to consist of cool cartoons like, Shirt Tales, Hair Bear Bunch, Jabber Jaws, the Snorks, and Grape Ape. That would rock.

 
At 6:46 오후, Blogger Jes said...

I can't believe no one's digging the Stevie Wonder joke!! That's good stuff!!

The Snorks!! Grape Ape!! Love 'em!!!

 
At 7:21 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

I like your joke but I choose not to openly make fun of blind people ;)

 
At 7:24 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Why?!? It's not like he can read it!

HAAAAhaaaHA!

Ok, Ok...Shelly has inspired me to be a better person, so I hereby apologize to blind people and their supporters everywhere. Please send the hatemail elsewhere.

 
At 9:15 오후, Blogger brownie said...

I love that joke! Here's another oldie but goodie I heard at the bar last night:

What's the smartest thing that ever came out of a woman's mouth?


Einstein's cock!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
At 11:33 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, my brother....

Yes, surprisingly enough he's single...

 
At 3:46 오전, Blogger brownie said...

Admit it, that's the greatest joke ever!

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home