20 4월 2006

Think About It...

This is a quote from Buddhist Scriptures. I found it in a great book I am currently reading titled 'Beyond the Sky and the Earth.' Over the years I have developed the habit of taking refuge in strange, foreign places rather than looking at what was going on at home. Always looking for the greener grass, I guess. I don't intend to stop travelling, but I am slowly starting to learn that no matter where I go (and believe me, I plan to go to some interesting places) I am my only truly safe refuge.

And if you hit upon the idea that this or that country is safe, prosperous, or fortunate, give it up, my friend...for you ought to know that the world is ablaze with the fires of some faults or others. There is certain to be some suffering...and a wholly fortunate country does not exist anywhere. Whether it be excessive cold or heat, sickness or danger, something always afflicts people everywhere; no safe refuge can thus be found in the world.

4 Comments:

At 10:51 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

sad but true......

 
At 11:34 오후, Blogger Pittchick said...

I agree.

 
At 1:25 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

Teish, what can I say? Korea is working for you!

Your best buddy....

 
At 4:49 오전, Blogger Rafael said...

Goes along with the demotivator poster I saw the other day "The only constant in all your bad relationships, is you"

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home