24 3월 2006


Mmmm...kimchi stew!!!

So an Australian, an American, and a Korean walk into a bar...no, it's not a joke...it's how I got a new roommate for the next few weeks! Remember my habit of taking in strays? Well, Jiyeon found a stray Australian who needed a place to stay and since I have a spare room we all figured why the hell not?!? Saturday night we went out to Itaewon, where the American soldiers acted like a bunch of sweaty pigs who had never been out in public before. Quickly tiring of that scene, we left for parts less American and ended up having a blast. I didn't get in until around 4, which pretty much killed any hopes I had of making it to the hash on Sunday. What kind of hash starts at 10 on a Sunday morning?!? Sounds like something Quick N Little would do!

So Sunday I got caught up on sleep, went grocery shopping, and then the new roommate (her name is Sarah, btw) and I went to Namdaemun to go shopping and say hi to Kim. Later we met up with her friend Brandon and Kim joined us when he was done with work. The big news of the day was all about baseball...Korea had been kicking ass, but lost a super close game to Japan, knocking them out of the tournament.



We were pretending to take a shot of Sarah in hopes of getting a picture of the unbelievably green outfit the guy behind her was wearing, but not only did we not get the shot, I got totally busted trying to take their picture.

11 Comments:

At 1:32 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

kimchee stew??? don't you ever again complain about anything i cook!

 
At 2:10 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

It was a 10:30 start to the hash, apology accepted...

 
At 3:10 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

aren't you getting kind of old to stay out that late...

 
At 5:40 오전, Anonymous 익명 said...

She didn't exactly specify if it was 4am or 4pm...

 
At 8:25 오전, Blogger BTExpress said...

Hey dna! I'm 57 and stay out that late all the time. :-)

Kimchee? Looks interesting. Is it any good?

 
At 6:35 오후, Blogger Jes said...

DNA - with that attitude, you might as well get knocked up and start popping out kids! :)

Kristy - 4 pm is nap time - so I can make it until 4 a.m.!!

Kimchee is really good, as long as it's not the stuff from our cafeteria! It's really spicy with a pretty distinctive taste, so I can only handle it in small doses.

 
At 11:18 오후, Blogger Rafael said...

I had some beers with your brother last night. He’s still a wanker.

 
At 11:22 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

4pm on a Saturday is definitely an ideal nap time. Good call. Although, now that Jason bought me golf clubs, my Saturdays during spring and summer are going to be filled with rounds of golf instead of rounds of sleep time. Wow, I think I just gave up afternoon naps for golf. What the fuck was I thinking...???

 
At 5:10 오전, Blogger SJ said...

Oh and I was so waiting for the joke haha. Is green the height of fashion in Korea? :)

 
At 11:16 오후, Blogger brownie said...

Have you eaten dog yet?

 
At 11:20 오후, Blogger Jes said...

I don't think so. I ate something from a street vendor that nearly made me puke, it was so disgusting, but I'm pretty sure dog would taste better than whatever that was. Probably rat or pigeon.

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home