01 3월 2008

Goodbye Korea - For Now, Anyway...

I'm in Tokyo right now, having snuck out of Yaksu in the dead of night, with my 2 trusty sherpas hauling my belongings down the hill for me. We decided it was only appropriate to leave The Yak in such a fashion - if I lived somewhere south of the Han I probably would've had a flight that departed at a decent hour.
Ⅰhave an extremely long layover in Tokyo, which is fine since it gives me time to search duty free for those Coach shoes DNA wants, and then I fly to Chicago for another long layover. I will finally get to Philadelphia late on March 2nd (America's March 2nd, not Korea's). My first stop is obviously Pennsylvania. I'll pretty much be getting off the plane and heading straight to my grandmother's viewing and funeral. Not exactly the family gathering I had imagined for my return home, but I am grateful that during such a difficult time my family went out of their way and prolonged their own grieving process so Icould attend the services. I'll spend the rest of my time in PA with family and friends I've been missing for far too long. New houses, new husbands, new wives, new babies...there's not one person from my PA life who hasn't been through enormous life changes, and I've missed them all. I'm really looking forward to catching up! I've missed everyone so much!!!
After I'm through freeloading in PA, I'll be heading off to California, to see someone I've been missing in a different way. We have tons of cool adventures planned, and then I'll take off for a bit to have my own adventures. I'm gonna spend the next few months as a homeless, unemployed, freeloading bum and I don't think I could be any more excited!

11 Comments:

At 2:22 오후, Blogger RL said...

Go Jes go!

 
At 2:43 오후, Blogger BTExpress said...

That's a rough home coming, but I bet it still feels good to be "home" again. My condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

 
At 3:10 오후, Blogger achilles3 said...

i can't wait until people make fun of your Korean accent!

home fuqer ;-)

 
At 3:53 오후, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Have a great time! Watch out for the Fish tacos and don't fuck at home!

 
At 11:07 오후, Blogger Barbara said...

I am sooooooooo exited.I'm really happy you get to see your folks...:)

May can't get here soon enough...

safe travels Jes

 
At 1:25 오전, Blogger Pittchick said...

See you soon!

 
At 9:00 오전, Blogger brownie said...

When do you get to Colorado? May have a lead on a cool job in Denver if you're interested...

 
At 9:43 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

My condolences, Jes. Losing a loved one is never easy.

Call me when you can. I am really looking forward to seeing you. It's been way too long. I can't go out because, well, this kid has yet to make her appearance into the world, but Jason can certainly make you some drinks here at the house if that's OK with you.

I heart you and can't wait to see you!

 
At 4:14 오전, Blogger sumatra22 said...

aha, you're stateside! too bad my only chances to see you may be ruined by the fact that i'm FREAKIN' SICK! And i hope you saw my note about your grandma...so sorry buddy!

 
At 5:48 오전, Blogger Gagger said...

I wish I could do a USA Tour like you're doing!

 
At 9:00 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

welcome home

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home