20 7월 2006

The Worst Thing I Ever Put In My Mouth...

This is a picture of the bottle of vodka I brought back from North Korea. I decided that the Mud Fest this past weekend would be the perfect time to indulge...I love vodka, but unless you're in Itaewon it can be a bit difficult to find here. And there's no decent or flavored vodka...plain old Absolut is about the best you're gonna get.

Anyway, Rachellyn, Jenny and I figured it would be a great way to start the evening so on Saturday night we mixed it up with a little OJ, a little cider....and then a little more OJ and still more cider....

IT WAS SOOO HORRIBLE!!!



Luckily we were able to find some other beverages to get us through the night (and let me tell you we found many, many, many beverages!!) and as a result Sunday was spent recovering. I started up again around 3 with our Korean neighbors at the minbak, but I think it was closer to 8 till RL and Jenny left the room. By then, the sweet Korean family who ran the minbak as well as our neighbors had decided we were totally incapable of taking care of ourselves so they spent the evening feeding us nonstop and one guy even did some pretty bad magic tricks for us. We were commenting on how nice they were and wishing we had something to give them in return when our eyes fell upon the almost full bottle of NK vodka...


So here's a picture of our new friend returning the gift, saying "No, really, it tastes good but....I think it is very bad for my body!" And this was coming from a dude who had already drank 9 bottles of soju on his own!!! We couldn't give the shit away!! Later when he and I were hanging out drinking the last of the makgeolli he admitted that it was the worst thing he ever drank.

Yeah, me too.

thanks to Rachellynn for some of the pics....check out her site for more awesome shots of the weekend.

8 Comments:

At 7:03 오전, Blogger Shells Bells said...

Looks like a good time (except for the dirt and the mud) I'm sad I missed it!

 
At 2:19 오후, Blogger brownie said...

Come visit and drink some Colorado Vodka! Made right here in Manitou Springs.

 
At 2:35 오후, Blogger Jes said...

Shelly - next year you're definitely going with us!!

Colorado vodka?? Maybe I'll stick to beer when I'm in CO!!

 
At 12:50 오전, Blogger Unknown said...

That picture of the three of you drinking above is absolutely classic. What faces.

 
At 1:15 오전, Blogger brownie said...

Well, we do have terrific brew here. But the CO Vodka is actually pretty good. Among the best vodkas I've ever threw up!

 
At 11:32 오후, Blogger brownie said...

You can get Snyder's pretzels in South Korea?

 
At 11:34 오후, Blogger Jes said...

I found them at the CostCo, which has tons of western food. They were sooo expensive. For some reason Korea doesn't have pretzels.

 
At 8:07 오후, Anonymous 익명 said...

The label says "fire ant liquor" in hangul. (Who told you it's vodka?) It is made from...well, roasted red fire ants and soju. It is supposed to be good for rheumatism and joint pains, but many South Koreans who travel to North Korea bring the stuff back mainly for its shock value.

And you guys actually DRANK it! ;-)

 

댓글 쓰기

<< Home